Wednesday 6 February 2013

Room service

Ha! Well I didn't go to all those exotic places I thought of yesterday...even virtually...because as soon as I'd arranged myself comfortably in front of the TV I went straight to the land of nod! Never mind... I woke up and took myself off to bed, giving thanks for...

...finally finding a position for my Sky router in which a wifi signal can travel (fairly successfully)  through a plasterboard wall to my bedroom. Only taken two years... Lots of good things about having Sky but the router is not one of them. What's really odd is that the router is on its side and I get a stronger signal on my phone when I lie on my side even though that's further away than when I sit up in bed. I'm no science geek but I have a little experience of dealing with router problems and am aware of some of the limitations of the technology but I have never ever heard of anything like this. Technically it's not a limitation of course...it means I can lie down as much as I like!

...for the soft thick fleece throw I bought for my bed last week and which keeps even chilly soul like myself quite cosy

...for deciding to see what other sorts of noise reduction ear-plugs there were out there as all the ones I've found in High Street chemists are very hard to operate with two sets of numb stiff fingers, irritate my ears and   don't really reduce the noise either. There were about a dozen different sorts on Amazon and the first one I've tried is already a significant improvement

...and for at last persuading this picture into a frame and hanging it on my wall. Actually this is not the picture but a photo of the picture...which is a print of a painting of a poem. Pretty neat, eh?



As I'm going to be away for a couple of days now I've been busy catching up with various chores...including a vital toasted sandwich by the real sea on my way to pick up prescriptions and getting my hair trimmed this afternoon. I'm grateful I have got to the stage when this needs doing fairly regularly, and that I've found a friendly laid back place for the job but even though I refuse all products I still coming out smelling all strange and un-Lush-like so I'm looking forward to getting that sorted! Then I just have to vacuum the kitchen floor and put the washing on and I consider my 'mini-break' beginning to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics