Monday 18 February 2013

Sunspots

It's the time of year when sunrise reappears from behind the evergreens. Great thanks for the orientation of the coastline here, the terrace I live on, and my small but perfectly formed bedroom. Reaching out from my bed I can tug back a curtain and glimpse the kind of day on offer, and this one was the first when I've been awake and the sky has been clear at the right time to realise I would, if I could, jump right out of it straight away! The view wasn't quite as picturesque by the time I'd sorted out my accoutrements and found my camera but you get the gist, I'm sure...


I give thanks for fingers, thumbs, wrists and elbows co-operating for a few rows of knitting and a few feet of pinning and tacking... and for the leg power and timing to get to this spot for the last bit of sheltered sunshine on the sea front this afternoon to eat a late lunchtime snack. I just fitted in perfectly, legs stretched out along the step, back against the short wall...and a little broccoli and stilton pasty and a take away tea just fitted perfectly in me! I give thanks for the sight and sound of the breakers, calmer than yesterday but still quite magnificent, and scattering sea foam onto the sand...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics