Tuesday 12 February 2013

Service with a smile

I give thanks for a particularly chirpy Tesco delivery driver, with whom to share a chuckle or two. That almost all that I ordered was available, that the items that weren't were substituted very appropriately (as well as if someone had known me well)... and that I had the strength to help heave the stuff indoors.

I'm grateful for some other successful interactions with customer service agents around the country about various matters outstanding. Well, perhaps I should say 'apparently' there as it remains to be seen if they actually do what they say, but if you come off a call or finish an email exchange feeling as if you've actually being communication with another human being then that's something to be grateful for in itself! Having worked both sides of the phone I know about the sound of a smile and the importance of verbal nods...but I also know you can do it to order with no feeling at all if that's what you do every day!

I give thanks for getting some bargain train tickets for a trip up north(ish) a little later in the year and for John and Jo saying I could break my journey with them...this being both the cheaper and the easier option for me...and also an opportunity to spend some time with old friends. Gratitude too that two pieces of birthday mail have arrived. Some is still outstanding (I hope!) but as long as there's something to open on the day that's OK with me.

I'm grateful for a siesta fiesta after a rather hustly bustly morning and afternoon and that now I'm limbering up to make my tea and a cake for the base of my trifle. Maybe I watch too much Come Dine With Me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics