Thursday 12 July 2012

Drug of choice

I give thanks for red dogs - for Megan the liver and white drug sniffer spaniel at Gatwick with the waggiest tail stump (no, I don't give thanks for the docking and yes, I only know her from TV!) I know they've been talking about having sniffer bees but bees are not as obviously cute and characterful, are they? And yay! Red Dog the movie is available on Sky Store! Jared and I were talking about how watching a film on your own seems a waste but if I wait til I have someone to watch one with I see none at all! And that's not good...a good film is my 'drug of choice'!

You have to be careful with choosing 'cute' though don't you? There's a poem going round the internet written by, or in the voice, of an old hospital bound man asking people to remember all the stages in life he'd been through to get there. Sometimes it's hard but it's a important realise how much you don't see, how much even the most 'ordinary' of lives will have hidden depths. On Come Dine With Me the other night a young female executive dismissed an older woman, less interested in the superficial, as a 'librarian' (apologies to librarians - it was her being dismissive, not me!)...anyway, young one nearly fell into her dessert when she realised older one was a qualified pilot! You know, sometimes if you're at the librarian end of life it's worth remembering that all young bright and beautiful things become old one day...if they're lucky!

I give thanks that I feel up to getting up and outdoors (slowly) today as I have to go to the doc's for bloods (at lunchtime) and then a little later I have acupuncture which I hope will restore me further after shopping and chores. I reckon anything that can alter your body chemistry so drastically you need bloods done after a week to check that it's not doing more harm than good could possibly affect the way you feel physically, don't you? Anyway I seem to be adjusting now...though I give thanks for all the rain so I can treat myself to cabs both ways...

I give thanks for the the different sizes of raindrops on my window pane. It's hard to get a photo of this with my cheapy set up I find, but I shall keep persevering. This is the best I've managed so far...


I give thanks for the way sometimes you can't turn off your thoughts and meditate but you come up with a bright idea instead! Anyway, no time for bright ideas now if I'm not going to go out in my pjs. Apologies to people I've not replied to...Carol, Bob and Ivor...later if I'm still awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics