Wednesday 1 August 2012

Heavenly bodies

For some reason yesterday I felt queasy all day so I was grateful when some items in the Tesco delivery finally woke my appetite up in the late afternoon...fresh crusty rye mix bread and garlic and herb roulade and a few organic grapes on the side. And I'm also grateful that I decided to watch a little Olympic tennis while I ate my snack, and chose the Tsonga v Raonic match...so had a lovely l-o-n-g tea break! Even had time to finish sewing up my knitted cardigan, just the fastening to sort out now. Then by the time I'd done another session of sanding it was getting too late for any more filling (oh, life's a lady dog sometimes isn't it?) and so I just had a clear up and a bath and a bit of supper and bed on the sofa with the TV.

I give thanks for persevering with the increased activity regime, and believe I am feeling a little more capable though all joints are protesting loudly and there are still many times when I feel if I don't sit down I'll fall asleep, let alone down... Saluting the Sun is still a distant dream (I wave to the sun and say hi, nice to see you, but that's not what I mean!) and I've had to the modify the first move of the meridian stretches as you are supposed to link thumbs behind you and swing your arms up above your head. Linking thumbs is not an option without a screech of pain that could probably be heard on the sun's surface so I link fingers instead. I give thanks for going back for second helpings of ingenuity when they were making me...well, there was such a long queue at beauty and I couldn't be bothered to wait!

I give thanks for the full mooniness of the moon last night. For Clive coming to do some jobs today requiring strength and skills beyond my own, to share food and chat, and for bringing some sewing for me to do for him - always good to feel useful. For my ebay yarn arriving already and for another pleasant session inventing with my crochet hook whilst keeping an eye on the tennis. I missed the Tsonga/Lopez match but that's probably all for the best as I'd have been watching it in a similar manner to that in which many men watch ladies' beach volleyball! I give thanks for all the sporting chaps and chapesses giving their all for their countries in the nicest possible way, and for all those for whom success matters achieving the scores that they desire. Well done that man with sideburns, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics