Tuesday 28 August 2012

Any port

Today I'd hoped to write that I had achieved an ambition I'd held since before I became unwell. There's not many of those I haven't gently let go of, along with the chums I thought I might share them with. It was journey I'd longed to take... but the tides were against me literally and metaphorically and it wasn't to be. It was my last chance this year and I'd actually set my alarm to get up early enough and was all prepared so I could make the phone call and check half an hour before hand as you have to do. Oh well, it's a journey into remembering not to be too attached to hopes and plans. I need a lot of practice at that as I was very sad, but I remembered to be grateful glad I hadn't had anyone to go with as they'd have been disappointed too.

Boat trips are the perfect outing for me as you see so much sea and sky, plus parts of the land you don't usually get a chance to. There's a limited number of people involved, but hardly ever any roads, cars or buildings, traffic jams, out of order loos, queues and broken ticket machines. That's what you get if you travel on normal public transport especially in the height of the season, but that's what I did of course. Couldn't just sit there feeling sorry for myself all day could I? I'm grateful for my perseverance, some stirring top deck views, a delicious take away homity pie, for a short ferry ride that made me grin from ear to ear, and some good tunes to plug into them...For planning ahead with a ready meal tea...all I need to do is get upright again twice once to get it in the cooker, and once to take it out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics