Friday 10 August 2012

Point taken

In a way I'm grateful for the aches and pains and fatigue of yesterday...because they meant I didn't bustle about before and after acupuncture but sat on the sea front in the sunshine. The sunshine and retreating tide meant that seats were free as so many folk were on the beach...so gratitude for those too! I'm grateful for choosing esoteric acupuncture this time (no, I can't explain - it's esoteric you know!) and for Rachel understanding the things I was saying as soon as I said them...without having to try again! For chopping a few veg for salad (sometimes this is a particularly challenging task for me so it's good to appreciate how I persevere) and, as knitting hurt too much and I couldn't get into my book...or the washing up funnily enough, for non racy TV (ie not athletics, ha ha!). I give thanks for the free circus that is rhythmic gymnastics, a silly but thoughtful CSI and a rather heartwarming Hotel Inspector. I give thanks for suffering in stillness in the night instead of wriggling about and disconnecting my tube and for getting a reasonable sleep. Meditative practices enable one to register pain without 'suffering it' and I'm getting better at this so I'm grateful for some more practice. Kind of...

I give thanks for a kindly shop assistant explaining the scarf I liked the fabric of but not the shape was 'the fashion, you know'. Bless her for trying and me for refraining from sharing what my thoughts on such selling points were! I'm grateful I got Bob his new toy (sorry - raw material!) too... I'm grateful that Laura has offered to come and get on with the decorating this morning. I'd be even more grateful if she'd bring her own decorator's assistant...a strong man to move things about perhaps...like me to the garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics