Thursday 23 August 2012

Nutty slack

Mmm...I give thanks for acupuncture! Rachel was away last week so it seemed extra specially good...

I give thanks for the saxophonist busker playing outside the window while I relaxed. We get all kinds of street musicians here and mostly I like them all but a saxophone playing soothing ballads was as good as any 'new age' background sounds, and probably more so than the bagpipes or strumming punk...

I give thanks for digging my big feather winter duvet out of the cupboard under the stairs and taking it to be cleaned on the way into town, along with a couple of hasty bags of non doorstep recycling to the big bins in the car park near by. For the friendly shop keepers and taxi drivers round here...

I give thanks for light rain starting just as I emerged so I didn't feel I ought to do anything else remotely useful apart from come home...

I give thanks for some Dutch peanut cookies from the cheapy shop to go with my flop on the sofa afterwards cup of tea. Apparently they may contain traces of nuts...well one would hope so, eh?

1 comment:

Web Statistics