Monday 27 August 2012

Highly smiley

Mmm, I give thanks for the perfect weather for my stay at home day. For A Touch of Cloth making me laugh out loud. So much TV these days takes itself so seriously, even the so called comedy. This spoof cop show was refreshingly daft and droll if you like Airplane style visual gags and word play...and don't mind post watershed humour. I'm very grateful too for today's Tesco chap turning up just after I'd finished watching the first part and was wondering what to do until he was due, which wasn't for almost half an hour!

Also for some more of that brilliant Book of The Week. It touched on some of my favourite subjects twining language and science and thought provoking anecdotes of tribes with barely pronouncable names visualising the world in different ways. I marvelled at the author's exquisite skill with words, and snuggled under the comfort of the reader's northern vowels. It may be a while before I forget Native Americans planting corn 'when the leaf of the white oak was the size of a mouse's ear'.

So that's words...what about pictures? Haven't opened the Dark Roasted Blend jar for a while...

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2011/11/dark-tower-found.html

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2011/09/sensational-rock-formations-moeraki.

Oh, and these items were next to each other in the nature section, you know, so if you have any suspicions of sublimination, take it up with them...

Actually I just spotted this - the one immediately below those above...all stirringly beautiful but curiously,
juxtaposed...

http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2010/06/inside-wave-epic-photography-by-clark.html

If all that seems too far away and irrelevant to your lives... how about these British weather shots? So atmospheric...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/19333018

And finally I give thanks for circumzenithal arcs. I saw my first yesterday, and having seen a photo on Facebook of Kirsty's first one a few week's back I just had to find out more. (Kirsty and I are meteorologically smugly hoping everyone else is rushing for Wikipedia right now!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics