Sunday 5 August 2012

Some kinds of wonderful

I give thanks for waking to the sound of heavy rain...a lovely snuggly experience when you are cosy and dry in bed. For a perfectly boiled egg for my breakfast - this was an accident so sorry but no handy hints! For a very pleasant trip to my very therapeutic home town yesterday...charity shop treasures, delicious treats and friendly folk, for warm sun between the showers, and sea side sculptures!




This one was a collaboration between a group of artists with disabilities and one without. It's beautiful don't you think?





I was wrecked when I got home so gave especial thanks for there being a letter advising my DLA was being continued. I'd done the decent thing and told them circumstances had changed and they needed to review and had a long worried wait while they deliberated. I'd far rather be well and have 'a life' but if I'm never going to go to the ball again then the money for a cab to the library's the next best thing!

I give thanks for all the British sporting success. I've particularly enjoyed seeing the wildcard pairing Andy Murray and Laura Robson do so well and they've been encouraging me to keep active myself - punching the air, clapping and beating the sofa seat enthusiastically! As I was already on my feet at the ironing board when they won the semi, I actually did a little jump or two! Thanks also to cyclist Joanna Roswell for proving you do not need a crowning glory to be glorious...And for the odd coincidence of being in a cafe and seeing a GB pair get gold in a rowing race...the only other time I've spent a few minutes watching any Olympics in public was in the doctor's waiting room on Thursday when it was rowing again and one of our fours gained sliver!

1 comment:

  1. So happy that you are getting a lot of enjoyment from all the games, so lucky to live by the sea.... we are near the River Thames.


    Keep strong, love Deb xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics