Saturday 11 August 2012

Stage management



Look at my new cushions! Laura made them for me as a surprise present...isn't that lovely? She invented a fastening for them as well...so I'll have to show you the backs too!


I give great thanks for the gift and the gesture. They will go very prettily in any part of my flat as she well knew being intimately acquainted with the decor! I give thanks for a bit more decor being done too. I was in too much pain to join in but put my excellent site management skills to good use...I always have a master plan, an even more cunning back up plan and, although I often prefer to sit down these days, I can think on my feet as well! I now have a wall of that creamy leafy wallpaper opposite my bed as well as behind it. I'm so grateful I found just what I wanted at a price I could afford. My merchant's chest can also now stay still and I'm extremely grateful for that too!

Today the master plan was to get a taxi to the library...but plan B is to stay home instead! I felt so relieved when I came up with that one I knew it was the best choice. My muscles are recovering from snatching the last cut price Argos basketware before someone far less worthy got their arms round it but my kidney's being a bit of a devil and the bones! the bones! (read that bit in your best quasimodo voice and you'll catch my drift...) I'm grateful I have things to read...and things to write come to that! I have ironing to do and sport to watch and it's about time the saucepans and cleaning materials fulfilled their purpose in life as well. There's a machine sewing project been bubbling under for years requiring a lot of a attention in the rather pleasant practice stage...

Yesterday I found out why I'd kept a now rather battered business card...to surprise a cousin or two with the image almost forty years later. A gift from a friend, communication with a relative...I'll be getting delusions of normality soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics