Tuesday 14 August 2012

Train lines

Yesterday was the doziest of days, so I'm grateful I abandoned the idea of going out but that I woke up a little mid afternoon and got some cleaning of those important little places done - the loo, the wash basin and the kitchen sink! I think it was Fatboy Slim at the (recorded) closing ceremony got me moving. Great thanks to him as always for tunes that make the toes tap even if the knees are going  'stop it at once - you know you'll regret this later!'

I have been amused by professional reporters and amateurs on Facebook all saying this bit was good or why did they do that as if it were all for our own personal individual pleasure. It's up to us all personally and individually to be responsible for that. Mind you, I suppose if grumbling's is your thing you're always easily pleased! Flavour of the ensuing days seems to be rather predictable rants about the hype, the expense or the return to 'normality'...see the previous sentence and substitute 'ranting'! Well, that's my rant...so I'm happy! I'm also vicariously happy because, whether organised competitive sponsored sport is a good thing or not, there were a few people I felt would be especially personally individually pleased if they did well in their particular events. On the whole they tended to be British because I'm more likely to know their back stories, and in sports I enjoy watching anyway, but not necessarily so. But anyway, all things must pass...

I was grateful for the sounds of drilling, strimming and drumming combining to make even a lie-a-bed like me get out of it in time to walk down the hill to the station in the sunshine to catch the 'fast' train which was late. Yes I know...walk and sunshine in the same sentence and time frame much to give thanks for there...plus the train was late enough to get a takeaway cappuccino from the station cafe and posh enough to have a drop down table on the back of the seat in front so I could tingle my tongue with hot frothy coffee while gazing in delight at the glittery sea and hazy headlands. Due to the lateness there wasn't time to get the first train back after doing the things I'd gone for and as I'm not at all interested in wandering round city centre shops to see what's there, I decided to brave the innermost realms of Primark on the off chance they might have some of their bargain baseball boots...and they did, in the right size and a colour that pleased! After all that I was extremely thankful for wailing infants on the journey home to keep me from asleep...

I'm kind of glued to the sofa now, vaguely optimistic about the prospect of making myself a cup of tea before the Tesco delivery comes. I hope I remembered to order something that just needs heating up...if not I'm sure I've a can of soup, and a little of that totally yummy bread left. I'm wondering about date and walnut next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics