Sunday 26 August 2012

Skylight

Last night I gave thanks for looking out of the kitchen window while a hint of this rather dramatic sky was showing. I had to lean out to get the whole thing in so it's a bit wobbly I'm afraid but pretend you've had a drink or two...or have the wrong glasses on...



I was exceptionally tired and achy even for me yesterday evening and was grateful for an early night. I didn't feel bright as a button in the morning but the weather was and so went along with plan A which was to go to Dawlish for a boat trip along the bay. The bus was almost half an hour late so I have a lot of thanks when it finally turned up and got me there on time. I chose a seat on the top deck facing forwards and when we set off I realised there was only one other passenger I could see full face - a young man in the bows facing back. He was someone I used to work with some years ago! He lives in Dawlish now but had never been on that trip before either. Oh I do love a bit of random!

The weather changed when we were on the way back becoming chilly and grey so I gave thanks when either the right bus was on time or the one before it arrived late and I didn't have to wait for long. I was extremely grateful I defrosted a tub of spicy red pepper and sweet potato soup last night. At the time I thought it was dahl but soup was just what I needed when I got home! Deep gratitude too for remembering to catch up with Book of the Week before it became too late. It's a series of essays on mathematics but, believe it or not, entertaining and interesting being about how people (individually or culturally) think about numbers. If you're not feeling well, what could be better than homemade soup and being read too, eh? Think I might be grateful for another early night before long...and for the record button on the TV remote control!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics