Monday 20 August 2012

Beached

Today I give thanks for the sunshine not being wall-to-wall as each time it emerged from the clouds I'd have a battle with myself about whether to go out or not (the flesh being far less keen that the spirit) and each time it went in I'd think I'd stay inside instead and actually got a few chores done this way. I give thanks for a clean bath and a ready-for-undercoat window sill...

The original plan had been to take a bus trip somewhere for a change of scene but as the day wore on and the clouds spaced out I decided a cuppa and slice of cake on the sands before the tide came in would have to do...and do it did! I don't want you to think I've stopped being grateful for living here...I'm always thankful that there are such pleasant places close by, and indeed for the strength sometimes to enjoy them, but my innate wanderlust didn't getsurgically removed along with my internal organs nor diminish along with my kidney function and sometimes I think not being able to get about a bit further more often will drive me round the bend! (Oh, if only...ha ha!)

I give thanks for getting the shopping that defeated me on Saturday when I kept walking into shops on the way back from the library and thinking Nah! Can't be bothered...For a sailing race with so many competitors so close packed on the horizon that it looked almost  like a new white cliff...for a book of Julian Barnes' essays from the charity shop for £1.50 (rather not risk something borrowed on the beach or in the bath) and for a busker with flourescent orange mohican singing eighties punk with electric guitar...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics