Saturday 25 August 2012

Glow slow

First of all thank you for kind words regarding my 'deeper' ramblings. Sally said something on Facebook the other day about sometimes thinking she's made herself clear and then realising that others don't find what she has said so unambiguous...I can relate to that, relative! Though usually I can get the sentences out OK, I'm aware that what they mean is often considered odd. I know there are 'cuter' plights than that of those on Death Row but I guess the situation struck a chord with me. It often seems to me that if the US heard some of their citizens were being treated elsewhere in the way those within their penal system are they'd send the troops in! Nutrition, healthcare, sanitation, sanity...they can all be pretty minimal and you are classed as elderly when you get past 50 because you age so much quicker.  Of course a life sentence can go on way past the stage of practicality too. As long as someone else locks these people up we tend to still be in the age of the oubliette, I reckon http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/26/health/dealing-with-dementia-among-aging-criminals.htm

Anyway, enough all ready. I give thanks for my lovely IMAK gloves. Tried to take a picture but not got enough hands funnily enough! They are comfy and soothing and, I think, look rather funky too. Kind of goth granny! Now I need a full body suit in the same stuff and I'll feel great...I'll look extremely peculiar (which is probably why they don't make them!) but I'll feel just great!

I give thanks to the lovely Hanne down at the Breast Screening Unit who was so gentle. When I mentioned not looking forward to the pain she said she would do it manually ie, turning a knob instead of pressing a button. Ladies, if you've only ever had the button sort, ask for the knob sort in future. Much better!

For the gorgeous glow of rising sunlight on the wall outside my window, on the...is it called a reveal on the outside too? There's creamish paint on it and at dawn it's almost a metallic gold at first and then gradually pales to normal light. So beautiful...

I give thanks for a slomo day, getting up, getting in and out of the bath, getting dressed and the washing up and ironing done...that was about it. Gratitude too for the great Paralympic Come Dine with Me I recorded last night. Very funny jokes and tales that might seem inappropriate coming from anyone else...Anyway I'm going freezer diving for my tea. Happy Bank Hols everyone!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for bank holiday wishes hope you are ok too ,i think its great to have an online debating soc;!!i too love sunsets n sunrises but i,m not up in time for morning ones ,i must try to go to bed before 1 am ,i have too b so tired that i drop off before my head touches pillow even : )so i dont think !Murder is on 2morrow bbc2 at10 i expect youve found it already and i do like inspector montalbano bbc4 tonight good watching!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, thanks for the tip Ann. I'd not looked at Sunday yet...Going to try A Touch of Cloth on Sky1 tomorrow too for some light relief. Trailers made me chuckle anyway... Gabi

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics