Monday 13 August 2012

True colours

I wasn't in the mood for brightness and loudness last night so I recorded the closing ceremony and watched Swedish people pretending to be other people instead. Nice to have the choice, eh...how lucky we are! I'm glad I mentioned some of the things I did yesterday yesterday as looking back now it mostly seems to have been washing up and naps...Actually I found myself having so many more naps in Wallander I gave up and went to bed... To be able to sleep when you're sleepy is such a treat, I always give thanks for that!  I'm giving thanks it was cloudy again...I'd love to have been able to see the meteor shower, it's been years since I did, but there was no point in staying up and trying.

I'm grateful for a bone china mug of Fairtrade Assam tea in the morning. For a comfy bed with smooth cotton sheets and plump feather pillows. I'm grateful for finding an ebay seller with reasonably priced cushion grip crochet hooks to try. The postage was reasonable too...that can always be a sharp intake of breath when you want one small thing, can't it? I want some different coloured sewing threads too but you need eyes and daylight to pick those not pixcels...I might try later. Shopping is often easier when it's raining as car softened wimps without waterproof clothing stay home and there's less queuing to do! On the other hand it would also be a fine day for putting in a Tesco order and stocking up on snoozes...

I give thanks for internet shopping, and for ecards and on line library book reservation...if you're not sure if you want to read something, check out the Amazon reviews! In my twenties in the eighties, a financially challenged unemployed single mum, I thought I should write book called 'How to Survive on the Dole' filled with tips for making money go further and making the best of what you can have that money can't buy, using a mix of age old common sense and contemporary possibility. Most of those ways are ingrained in me now...but pain management and energy conservation are high on the agenda these days so it's more how to survive on DLA, I guess. I give thanks for naturally enjoying make do and mend as much as splash the cash, I just need to practice enjoying being still. Time to plump up those pillows I guess...

1 comment:

  1. Writing that book sounds like a fantastic idea, I should pursue that Gabi.
    You are so right when you say sleeping at will is a blessing, and bed must be comfortable.....

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics