Saturday 18 August 2012

Sunset trip

Today I'm even dozier than yesterday but since writing my last post I've been out for two short walks...one for pleasure with my friend yesterday evening and one for necessity between the library and the taxi rank today. So I've got something to be tired for you might say, if your mother, like mine, believed a grizzling child should be told if they don't stop they'll be given 'something to cry for'!

Much gratitude for discovering a little path new to us both between two coves a few miles down the road. Although no further than from here to the sea front perhaps it included lots of different views and scenery, winding through woods, over rocks, past a waterfall and around a miniature bay...delightful!

Afterwards we enjoyed the crispiest battered fish and chips from a takeaway voted the best in the south west again this year, some stunning cloud formations over the sea and a rather vibrant sunset. I have no complaints in being an afterthought in someone's day if so much pleasure can be fitted into a few hours!


I give thanks for all the above treats, for the necessary early night and long lie in to recover enough to get up again, and for achieving the essentials today including chopping some veg for a stew for my tea...oh, and the slow cooker cooking them for me!


2 comments:

  1. i give thanks for the filo spinach n feta pie was lovely oops and pine nuts !!have also been eating lots of stir fry veggies , surprising what you can find to make changes to it ,love the pictures of cloud formations , hope the heat is not too bad where you are it is very warm near heathrow phew ,but great to see the sun : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. My parents always said 'if you don't stop grizzling, I'll give you some to cry for! Lol! Brought back loads of memories. The photos are great......bummer that you had to go out when you didn't really feel like it.......the library one that is.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics