Monday 6 August 2012

Faster higher stronger

My first natural wake up call today was moonlight...so still very much at night. The curtains are at the dry cleaners and though I've got a screen at the window so the twenty foot people can't look in the moon is higher up than that and can peep over at me. Quite a treat really and I give thanks for that... The seagull riot a few hours later wasn't quite so enjoyable but I could be grateful for my sense of hearing I suppose, and for the fact that it's summer and I live near the sea or it wouldn't be happening. Actually I give thanks for an early awakening as I had things I needed to get out and do. Some of them I succeeded in doing, some I tried...and some were clearly not meant to be! I give thanks for my mp3 player, top deck views and Werther's originals which can all help to make traffic jams less tedious. And that I managed to get a few purchases on my list without too much trauma...I'm not built for built up areas physically or psychologically. So coming back out to moor and sandland was one of the best parts of the day. And for seeing the bunnies out in the fields for their tea... if there hadn't been so many delays of one kind and another I'd have been home 'on time' and missed that sight that always makes me smile.

I give thanks for the moment when athletes realise that silver and bronze are not failures. They look gutted when they first 'lose' and then common sense puts competitiveness into perspective and look as delighted as they should. Although we don't usually see it hopefully the ones who come fourth and below do to...Hope they remember the day they heard they'd made the team and remember they are still that wonderful.

Meanwhile back in gabiworld I give thanks for my bus and rail pass and remember I'm still the wonderful person who planned and executed a 300+ mile walk for charity half a lifetime ago. Inside I'm still dancing, inside I'm still strong...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics