Friday 31 August 2012

Proper job

For most of my working life I worked for myself or in random combinations of part time posts doing all kinds of this and that. It wasn't until the last few years before I fell ill that I had a 'proper job' and discovered the feeling children have as the last day of term approaches can be replicated in adult life on the shifts before your leave starts. I have a similar sensation this afternoon knowing a weekend approaches with nothing that I especially have to do followed by a few chores on Monday and then, all being well, a few days away from home. No washing up and ironing! No cooking! Woohoo! I'm so grateful for the excitement of a little bit of an adventure on the horizon...For a new (to me) horizon on the horizon...

I give thanks for the great local Interlink driver who has now delivered three out of three packages of medical supplies to me. No kidding...actually to me, ha ha! This time he called when he was round the corner having gauged how long it takes me to get down the stairs from previous visits. Brilliant! I also give thanks for Charlotte on the Securicare team, my agent for aforementioned surgical wotnots. She is very helpful and also has a great sense of humour so discussing my needs with her is always a joy. Today we were chatting about working in call centres that are not dedicated to one company but where the advisors have to change spiel according to what flashes up on their monitors when the customer comes through. We've both done it and know how you can be completely floored by a simple non-product related question like 'What's the weather like there? Gratitude to Karen too for being there when Charlotte wasn't available so that I think a little glitch in my order may be on the way to sorted out.

I also give thanks to Mike the non-medical supply driver who after repeated requests to phone me on arrival, continued to do so today even though I was gassing on the phone with Charlotte and he couldn't through. Seriously...two good deliveries in a day? You wouldn't have believed it if you hadn't read it here I'd sure. I give thanks to Laura for finishing the lining paper on my bedroom walls and for doing some vacuuming for me before she left...





And for this, the 'secret garden' I found right outside my window today. Yes, I know all the reasons it's bad but it's pretty and it made me happy and that's good!




Right, well I've been practising being energetic-ish the last few weeks...if I'm going to have a few days' break I need to practise doing very little at all as well...so, I'd better make a start right now I reckon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics