Thursday 9 August 2012

Basket case


These are the boxes and bags I carried away from Argos. When I realised quite how large and heavy they were I didn't see how I could physically do it but the store was closing and I had to get them through the doors for starters. I give thanks for the kind assistant who made me a string handle for the big square one and wedged the long one under my arm! I'm grateful I'd already discovered the street outside with the loading pull in was closed, and that Jared had explained how far I'd have to go to another one. I'm grateful that the rain was light and there were copious seats and doorways with steps where I could put things down to rest...and that I had plenty of time to rest as he couldn't meet me yet. The pain in various parts of my body was bad at the time and got worse during the evening. At night I dreamt I was telling a doctor I couldn't stand it...and then I woke up and the doctor wasn't real! After I'd writhed about a bit it subsided but in the process I disconnected my night bag connection so I had to stop wimping around to strip the sheets...I give thanks for bed protectors! I'm not really having a whinge...I'm telling you this so you understand why I'm so very grateful I'm pleased with my purchases! They are exactly what I need to store sewing things, fabrics and works in progress under the table and look great too. Also, altogether in the sale I had change from thirty pounds! So I hurt...so what? I do that anyway. It's quite interesting to see how much you can hurt and still carry on...and if I can't face remaking the bed today I've got a sleeping bag. If I can't face anything else I can sleep...getting to acupuncture would be good though! And getting dressed before I do that...


What doesn't kill you doesn't actually always make you stronger, that's just 'inspirational' waffle...but it's true that struggle and strife that debilitates you can make you aware of how strong inside you are. 'Keep calm'...and remember you do not have to succumb to the relentless marketing of other people's often misguided ideas! Just because it's on the high street or in the news doesn't mean it's right...you don't have to buy, eat, wear or think what others try to sell you. Let's hear it for those who know success is a multi splendoured thing
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19127802...and the whales, the wonderful whales...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19179554. I want to go to Sydney...don't suppose there's a bus is there?

1 comment:

  1. Angel, are there no limits to your ' I can manage that if I really try' thinking. We know you would get things done yesterday if you could, but those boxes and bags were something else!
    Glad the weather has improved for all of us at long last, and that the sun, tides and empty seats all coincided to make your visit to the seafront enjoyable. Love and gentle hugs Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics