Friday 3 August 2012

Gold standard

Well I've been sweeping the floor in the sleep Olympics (done a lot better than I have with sweeping the floor!)  As predicted records are tumbling in both the 10 minute nap and the 2 hour doze but I've also had startling success in wake-yourself-up-by-snoring jump! I would like to thank Rachel for her dedication to my relaxation and helping me hone my skills. I'm grateful I hurt less than yesterday but very lazy daysy dozy today...which reminds me to also thank those who admired my dangly bits! I'm grateful for the strength for the standard essentials... I guess what passes for those varies from person to prison but catering and cleanliness are mine. Still hopeful I might get a second wind for some creativity later...I'm grateful for all the plans and ideas waiting patiently for action...and for so much to entertainment me on TV in the meantime. Tennis, obviously, and another favourite - trampolining. See those people fly!

I give thanks for a successful delivery of surgical supplies. This, you may remember, is not something guaranteed. I know all the companies mean well but the weak link in the system is often the courier company driver who, bless him, cannot tell the difference between an oven glove and a urostomy bag from its package and doesn't understand the sensitive and urgent nature of these deliveries. Anyway, Lee from Interlink gets a gold star for following instructions, as does the new supply company for a better class of freebies than I'm used to. They seem to have grasped that you can lose part of your excretory system but retain your aesthetic sense...their handy holdall for the travelling ostomate is actually one I wouldn't mind being seen alive with! Still gotta work on the actual travelling though...

I give thanks for this amusing sequel to the previous piece on typical British quirks and foibles http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19093328 and for finally twigging that you don't need to have a glut from a garden or the supermarket reduced shelves to have 'fresh' veg in you freezer. Supermarket organic stuff comes in packs too big for me to eat up quick enough. Sometimes I cook extra portions of something with them and freeze that but of course I can just freeze the veg too - duh! The blanching water makes excellent stock for soups as well...

1 comment:

  1. Hi, your 'happy snap' makes me happy. You look great. I am waiting patiently for my surgery date. Even if the date has not been confirmed, a phone call this week to tell me this would have eased the stress. What is it with people and phone calls these days? I am going to take your advice and get my quilting project well organised beforehand. Thinking of you, especially watching the games! Juanita xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics