Sunday 4 September 2011

Fish....fingers

Remember a few weeks back I put some pictures on here of sculptures on our sea front? Well I only picked the ones I thought were good. I didn’t put this one on for instance as I didn’t really get it.
There was a cat in front of a blank red box and I didn’t know why. The sign said something about the cat watching fish so I wondered if they were imaginary ones or a reference to the view of sea through the empty frame (They can be a bit obscure these artists!)

However a few days ago there were definitely fish in what now was obviously a tank. I wondered if I’d just not noticed them before maybe but I’ve just looked at the old pic (as have you) and they definitely weren’t there when I took it were they?


This evening I’m expressing gratitude for what I’ve achieved. Not in my whole life obviously...that would take far too long ha ha! For getting up (eventually) and getting on with those endless boring chores – the washing up and the ironing (I know it’s my fault for cooking and washing!). I’m grateful that I vacuumed my bedroom floor which was becoming a bit swamp like with all the to-ing ad fro-ing from the decorating areas and I’m grateful I did a little bit a bit more mess making towards getting the living room done, a minuscule amount of sanding and reclaiming of skirting boards (even taking into account the skirting is not 150+ yrs like the flat, it has seen many generations of less than professional paint jobs and is just an amorphous blob along the bottom of the walls). Every tiny bit I do is a tiny bit less to be done.

Finally today I give thanks (as I hope you do too) that I’ve written my blog again. I’m finding it hard to physically type at the moment...my hands just won’t obey me for fine tasks and my fingers come up with combinations that spell check can’t begin to put right so I have to do one or two or three words out of every ten twice, and sometimes three times over.

1 comment:

  1. No your right, the fish were definitely not in the first picture.....Hmmm! not sure I understand what thats all about, I've often wondered why cats like fish so much?, my old cat 'Sparky' was more partial to buttered toast!!, I'm back to work today, and will be thinking of you whilst I scrape away the paint from my concrete steps, I have a feeling i'll be there a while!!!, bye for now.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics