Sunday 25 September 2011

Better inside

Hello Tony, thanks for your cyberhug, for your recipe and for signing up and making my followers section a nice tidy block!

My first thanks of the day is for the breezy showery weather (no sign of that rumoured Indian summer). I looked out of the window and thought 'Great! I won't suffer from any wishing to go out' but then I thought of how lovely it actually is to walk in the wind and rain and (especially on a beach!) had a little sad time too as I just feel so lousy it's effort enough these days to get out of bed and pjs. I'm enjoying the memories of trudges through inclement weather though...much gratitude for (most of) a lifetime of getting up and going! I guess what I really want now is someone to take me somewhere windswept in a car and offer their arm to help me along...and then maybe if they could bring me home and settle me on the sofa with a cuppa while they rustle up some lunch. Me and my fantasies eh?

Meanwhile, back in the real world I set myself the task last night of getting up by eleven am today. No real reason, nothing to get up for at all really, I'd just like to have done something (as yet unspecified) before the grand prix starts. So I suppose I'd better start the process soon instead of just writing about it, ha ha! Meanwhile I'm enjoying listening to the sounds of church bells and imagining the feeling of going to church...and better still the feeling inside you have coming out afterwards. My inner sinner hopes the sermons and homilies my church going acquaintances hear today include mention of the worthiness of visiting the sick! I do know it's not as much fun as visiting a winebar or a favourite shop or family member or walking on a beach with someone you love, and I do understand it's a hassle and a nuisance and that I lack the social charms you prefer and the situation I'm in can make conversation awkward but you'll feel better inside when you've done it, when you leave knowing you did a good thing. Trouble is I can't tell you so myself...

3 comments:

  1. Morning Gabi Just thought I'd say Hello - i'm new to all this Blogging so don't know how to add myself as a 'bloggong pal' - if thats the right term! Enjoy the grand prix - i've just enjoying 5 mins peace whilst the new puppy sleeps ( yes i know we are mad getting a puppy with all the big C and ops going on , but it just seemed right and I now sieze the moment whenever i can . have a good day

    love stef xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello again Angel, I have an updated recipe for you below...I told Fran what I had said i.e. Tagliatelle and Feta and she insisted I write the proper recipe with ingredients so here goes:

    Tagliatelle, 1/2 bag of spinach, Onion, Mushrooms and Feta...

    Cook Pasta (well you would wouldn't you),
    1. Slice onion into rings,gently fry in olive oil and a little butter.
    2. Slice Mushrooms add to onion, gently fry.
    3. Turn off heat and add spinach, allow it to wilt.
    4. Drain pasta, stir into onion/mushroom mixture and finally add the cubed feta, stir that in until starting to melt.
    5. Serve with salad and/or crusty bread

    That is making me hungry, maybe I will have that in a couple of days.

    T xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmmm that recipe sounds lovely! Hope you dont mind if I pinch it! I am just about to go and watch Downton Abbey! I love it!
    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics