Friday 30 September 2011

Watching paint dry

Phew! So tired and sore....not even sure I can get the clothes out of the washing machine and on the the rack to dry...tho clearly they won't dry if I don't I give thanks to Laura for finishing painting the ceiling and frieze and helping me clear up and put things back afterwards. I'm grateful that I did a bit of paint and wallpaper stripping while she was here as it's a nice feeling to be working with someone else even though so slow and groany and ineffectual myself. I give thanks that she and her daughters might like the bits of jewelry I put in a box for them to look though and my 'literary award' dress might find a new home! Most of what I sort out will go to the hospice shop but I'd love it if someone I've met could enjoy wearing some trinkets that I have enjoyed...

I give thanks for the messages some of you have sent and apologise I've not been so chatty in return but not up to it just now. Especially thanks to Pat who is still sorting out her technical difficulties but sent me a little email, bless her!

I express great gratitude that I have that I have nothing nice planned for this weekend as am not sure I'd have the energy, likewise for having no visitors to be hospitable to. Strange but true...it's all for the best really! I hope you all have a splendid weekend but, do me a favour, don't tell me doing what please! A few times just lately I've felt quite jealous and sad when I've been reminded of all the trips and treats and invitations and joining in and belongnesses that I've never known and never will and I don't like feeling like that because I want you all to be having a lovely time and for me not to be miserable, so, you know, if possible try not to tell me til I've got the hang of rising above this petty silliness, please!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angel, just caught up with all your blog posts since being without my pc and the internet for nine days! My goodness you have been a busy scribe, and DIY as well! Glad you were able to enjoy a little of the recent sunshine and made it to the deserted beach, 'but my what big feet you have' all those footprints leading into the distance must have been quite a walk, ha ha! Got quite drawn to the idea of a clock with naked men on, especially as I am without proper access to my computer files and pictures, with half of my hard drive being inaccessible and my screen picture gone! Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending hugs OOO....

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics