Thursday 29 September 2011

Oceans

Well, I went to the beach. Exhausting but wonderful! Walking down there felt slightly surreal...me in my best summer clothes and the warmth and hazy light and lack of people milling around. I wondered if I'd actually died and was just dreaming it if that makes any sense...
...well, it's what I wondered whether it makes sense or not!
Decided to give the woody uphill path a miss as extra walking involved anyway to get to the sand and extra things to carry. A picture doesn't do the fragrance of it justice... a delicious piney, cedary, resiny smell.

Honestly, look what you people are missing out on not visiting me! You wouldn't even have to sit close by my side...there's loads of space and sand to share, ha ha! I give oceans full of gratitude that I'm ending my days in such a pretty, laid back place. I give thanks for watching dogs playing together and people walking out way beyond the pier into the sea on the narrow sand bank the ebbing tide reveals. I've done that and it's fun and from a distance it looks like you're walking on the water!

When I got home there was a message to book a neurology appointment next week with the Professor I saw a few years ago so that's progress, I also heard from someone I'd contacted about lack of an oncologist's support and he's given me the number of the one who has taken over the caseload of mine who it turns out is off sick. He said he would mention my name and circumstances to her...progress also! Gratitude for these items of news and for some friendly pleasant phone conversations with people I've met in more vigorous days to make necessary arrangements. Thank you Harry, Robert and Tina for making difficult times a little easier...

I give thanks I've caught up with essential things like washing and washing up abandoned earlier on and had some Covent Garden soup to have for my tea. Taking it very easy this evening...mindless TV drifting into bedtime all I have in mind.

PS. Notice there's been no comments for a while...don't have to be, I know...but Lynn says she's been having problems. If anyone else has can you leave a comment letting me know, ha ha! Seriously though are there error messages or what? I'm going to see if I can though that might not tell me much about what happened to you. Maybe it was your work PC telling you you should be!

1 comment:

  1. Trying again to leave a comment Angel as I did have problems previously....

    Beautiful pictures above and just wanted to say that if I lived nearer to you I'd be sitting with you on that beach - having a cuppa and just 'being'...

    It's crap that people can't give you a little time Angel and although you can make excuses for them, I don't have to - because I don't know them.
    Maybe they'd like to pop along to this thread and let me know why I'm wrong in thinking that they are simply selfish!
    By the way, if this isn't suitable for your blog, feel free to delete it - I just wanted to say it to you..and for the record I'm saying it again - they are selfish Angel and I feel angry that you have no-one to spend a few hours with.

    Apart from that, great news on the appointments being sorted at last.
    Hugs xxxx
    PS. I *really* don't mind if you delete my comment - I feel better for saying it anyway :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics