Monday 17 February 2020

Unexpected

I give thanks for spotting the earliest magnolia blossom beginning to open now, and for the blossom coloured clouds this evening after they'd dropped their grey load of rain. For leaflets unfurling too on some of the roadside shrubs. For a thoughtful nurse suggesting I might like local anaesthetic in the fistula area where there were needle problems on Friday in case it was tender inside. For it not being the nurse who struggled last time...

I give thanks for surviving being driven home by a chap with the chilliest vehicle and personality, and bustling about getting ready for Rachel to arrive with all my outdoor things still on until I'd thawed out a bit. For setting the table nicely for my sort of birthday tea, putting garnishes and nibbles in little dishes instead of just slapping packaging on the table or dollops on our plates. I regretted this when she had car trouble and had to turn round and head for her home not mine (especially as she would have been on washing up duty!) but I give thanks for my portion of bechemel and lemon ricotta topped pizza which I'd not have tried otherwise...and of course I'll also get to see if it can be frozen even though the box says not. The lack of tomato sauce makes this more kidney friendly, but I give thanks for not spoiling my good behaviour by eating her share of the naughtier items on the menu...well not so far anyway!

I give thanks for seeing Perri from Diversity ice dancing with a shopping trolley to Funk Soul Brother last night. I never thought I'd live to see they day...because I never imagined a day could hold a combination so bizarre!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics