Wednesday 26 February 2020

Planned

I give thanks for remembering how well I slept the night before last when wide awake for much of the one just gone! For still having a pretty good amount of get up and go and getting up and going to get a few Co-op groceries on spesh before setting off for dialysis today. I'd been planning ahead as tomorrow I've got to be at oncology much earlier than I would prefer in the morning and, if the bloods done today show I should, will be having both treatments on Friday so shopping is likely to be a neglected chore...however, due to the patient before me having problems I didn't get started until late, and so am late home, and doubly grateful it's done!

I give thanks for trying once again to tackle to poor planning of transport for me on Friday to try to make it a bit less of a stressful day for me. Having to use an admin go between instead of being able to talk in person to the person who organises this does make it extra difficult. There's quite a difference between the timings and positions that make sense on their computer screens and the reality at the sharp end for patients but I give thanks they haven't a clue, as it means they must be healthy! For being able to look forward to someone with a vested interest and hands on experience being in charge soon - ie me!

I give thanks for sources of warmth on a chilly night, for a pan of leftover stew heating up, some good TV to catch up with and, if my hands are willing, some rag strips for my rug to hook with while I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics