Wednesday 12 February 2020

Universal

I give thanks for Lucy Worsley presenting another series of the kind of history I find so fascinating - this time charting the evolving nuances of British ideas of romance. I love the way this sort of programme shows how what we perceive as time honoured national traditions can be fairly new - and probably adopted from elsewhere! I often wish I could find out if other countries have similar TV shows and, if they do, if they have subtitles, because it would be fascinating to see the view from elsewhere.

I give thanks for making it through a busy day, despite my deep desire to spend it in bed. For Tani bringing me some wholefood shopping this morning and Clive managing to complete a whole load of outstanding tasks this afternoon including the ones that defeated him on Sunday - I have a new shelf, a bathroom heater that works again, no dangling cables in the spare room and many more delights beside. For reminding myself in some of the more tedious or disappointing times to ask the universe for more acceptance and less attachment to the alternative realities I think I'd prefer. For the more clement weather earlier on for those who were out to enjoy it. For the tiny white heads of snowdrops appearing on the verges alongside the road most travelled.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics