Monday 24 February 2020

Strong

I've already given thanks for my weekend, for feeling relatively well and strong and having a pleasant and productive time...and I'm also grateful, as I was feeling the effects of it today, I imagined it might be quite pleasant in the aftermath to rest this afternoon. However, as it turned out to be a 'give me strength' kind of day it's not been that restful all, and I mostly gave thanks for starting watching (and greatly enjoying) Messiah on Netflix rather than dealing with the human interaction and actions in between. I'm grateful for accepting I must be rubbish at explaining myself to people whose minds don't work in the same way as mine, and the non-committal verbal nods I give to mansplaining cab drivers might be far too much encouragement, and I need to work (some more) on my social skills. I do give thanks for the tea trolley pot running out before they got to me (the last port of call on their round) as this meant got hot and fresh instead of cool and stewed. This particular tea deliverer usually gives me an extra biscuit too. Always a bonus! I give thanks I've put on enough weight now to 'fill my skin' which feels and looks more healthy than my wizened state before, however as the target weight they have set for me reflected my post flu skinniness, I'm back to try to convince the less understanding members of staff that it's food not fluid I'm carrying around and had better go easy on the size of my supper! Give me strength not second helpings...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics