Saturday 1 February 2020

Parky



I give thanks for a bright mild day despite the a nippy wind. For getting off the bus a stop early before meeting Mima so I could walk down through the barky park full of different shrubs and trees and a favourite with vocal dogs. For a cup of tea and a shared tea cake outdoors looking at the sea and sea birds zooming down into the water to catch to catch their lunch. I've not been to that park or that kiosk for such a long time and they fitted well into my plan to try to find ways to introduce more of what I enjoy into my life, whole I'm fit enough to do so.

For just enough energy left to buy a few bits and make mash from the last sweet potato in the veg shop that came home with me for an early tea before a late siesta. For a sachet of Jamie Oliver's Lovely Lentils well spotted by Julie in Sainsbury's the other day - they do exactly what the say on the packet! Oh and for a nice little saucepan well spotted by Mima in a charity shop recently after I'd said I couldn't find one.

All this followed a busy morning being brave with some rather large dodgy plaster patches and removing them. Either I'll manage to repair the gaps with filler or I won't but either way they had to go. For realising how lucky I have been with the walls in such an old building with just one relatively small bad area to sort out. For a moment of mentally standing back from myself and the situation I'm in, and also realising I'm actually quite a remarkable human being!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics