Monday 10 February 2020

Treasured

I give thanks for being back in my relatively peaceful side room after all the hustle, bustle and busyness of the units I was at on Friday. For having my transport times changed to reflect the fact that the flow of patients in this position is on a slightly different schedule from where I was before - how nice not to be hanging around for ages when I get there, and for the drivers not having to hang around when I leave.

I give thanks for Christine delivering to my doorstep a plant pot left at her house for around a year, and some seasonal treasures from her garden including this exquisite little posy. Those little glasses I bought recently don't have to be used for booze!


Our local 'old age' traveller set off on his final journey yesterday. I give thanks for the acceptance and respect he received from people far and wide and for the heartwarming sight of him with his wagon and horse, dogs and roadside fire. He was the last of his kind I'm thinking, and the world is poorer for his passing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics