Wednesday 19 February 2020

Chilly

I give thanks I felt a little healthier this morning, particularly as I was really struggling to get warm once out of bed and having the energy to move more and faster was really very useful indeed. For finding some common ground with the taxi driver who liked to go on a proper walk. Though I can't go far at all these days I still love it when I feel as if I have by having a short stroll on a footpath away from the roadside in lieu of proper countryside.

I give thanks for having plenty to keep myself occupied on a delayed day on the unit and not having to resort to inciting my fellow patients to grumble as some others needed to do. For remembering it can be hard not to take life's less than loveliness personally some times. For nice nurses I enjoy a bit of a chat with, a speedy one when my blood pressure went wrong and a pleasantly peaceful absence of staff when it was sorted, deliciously snug under a little quilt from home, and snoozing to some meditation music. For some part cooked food from a meal started and abandoned yesterday, plus the appetite and inclination to finish it off today. For at last finding a fresh chilli I'd put in a safe place when I wanted my home help to clean the fridge on Friday - it was tucked into a bag of chives!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics