Sunday 9 February 2020

Troubled

After waking up feeling rather miserable I gave thanks that most people imagine this doesn't happen to me! Also for remembering Clive was due earlyish so not really having time to dwell on the reasons why. I gave thanks for him taking the trouble to come and do some home improvement chores despite dire warnings about the weather. And it did turn out to be far more trouble than either of us could possibly have imagined...so I give thanks for perseverance, patience and good humour too.

I know I should be grateful we didn't have that much of a storm round here but sometimes, although of course one wouldn't want danger to life and limb, the lack of dramatic scenes seems a bit of a let down after all the hype. For Clive the main dangers seem to have been indoors, and I'm grateful though he gave me quite a scare a couple of times and there certainly was danger to life and limb, no actual injury incurred. I'm also grateful I managed to do a few useful tasks as assistant over and above making hot drinks for us, and for putting together some veggie stew for myself later. So I've made my tea and now I'm lying in my bed a while as it's been a busier day than my body quite felt quite capable of. I give thanks for plenty of rest planned for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics