Thursday 20 February 2020

Willing

I've been having the most vivid dreams for several weeks now and wonder if it's an undocumented side effect of the immunotherapy. I'm rather grateful for it if it is, and I give thanks for one of the most fabulous ones I've ever had last night taking place at a midsummer festival on an unspecified northern isle over a few days and nights of not quite darkness! It put me in such a good mood even having to leap out of bed in the predawn chill to attend to the effects of a technological malfunction didn't seem quite as grim as usual. It's not been easy to come to terms with travel, adventure and romance being pretty much written off now, but if my mind can produce them in my sleep I willingly accept that as a substitute...

I give thanks for a managing what had to be done this morning despite being extra foggy brained from the extremely early start, For the start of a conversation with the council man who deals with Patient Held Transport Budgets. These are usually used by folk who have friends or family willing and able to ferry them to and fro from dialysis some of the time at least, but I wanted to know if I could have one to arrange a flexible combination of trains, buses and taxis partly to ease the monotony of treatment days, partly to avoid the cab driver lottery and have 'me time' travelling, and partly so I could time journeys to fit in practicalities or pleasurable activities on my way to and fro weather and wellness permitting. I give great thanks they seem quite happy with this idea and there are just the details to discuss before arrangements can be made!

I give thanks this news helped me brave the not very clement weather and get a train to meet Gary for lunch. For a very nice and inexpensive mini breakfast for mine from pick your own items, a wander around a couple of shops including a new Range store I'd long wanted to visit, and afternoon refreshments with Steph too during which they witnessed my newly written will. It was lovely to have a catch up after so long and for the ride back being sunny and bright so I could appreciate the scenery better and the pearly blue of the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics