Sunday 2 February 2020

Convenient

Gave a lot of thanks for the sofa last night - my goodness me I was tired and sore! For a long soak in the bath when I could get up off it, for sleeping rather well and staying mostly in bed until lunchtime. Even when I was technically out of it I still spent a lot of today in need of horizontal padded surfaces, shut eyes and shut off brain.

I'm grateful for the times when I seem to be mostly able and well...and for managing to look after myself quite well in the times when I most definitely am not. For a wide range of 'convenience' food including often overlooked ones like ready made bread and all the things we put on it or between its slices, vegetables, fruit and tea someone else has grown and all the kinds of milk prepared for our consumption - it's easy to take such great good fortune for granted. For a variety of pre-prepared on screen entertainment too, plus electricity, heaters and lights. For the pain killers I'm allowed to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics