Thursday 13 February 2020

Poetic

Wow, what a fab day weatherwise, from thunder and lightning in the wee small hours, torrential rain this morning to mostly blue sky this afternoon interspersed rainbows against the grey, scudding cloud shadows on the fields and, as the wind had dropped, surprising warmth in the sun. I give thanks we have such an interesting climate, though so many folk don't see it that way. Coming home yesterday the driver started by saying dusk was on its way so I pointed out how bright and light it still seemed to me, and then later he described the storms as relentless so I reminded him they had just relented to give us a lovely winter's day. We didn't talk much after that! If people want to see everything on a negative way of course they may, but they'll get no encouragement from me...

I give thanks though my joints have been giving me a lot of pain, they did contribute to me being awake in the night enjoying toast and chamomile tea while watching the railway workmen apparently randomly driving their fine selection of monster trucks around outside. For this contributing to waking late and deciding that as tomorrow is going to just be a normal hospital day, and the day out planned for Saturday has been turned into a sensible tip trip instead due to the weekend forecast, today should have a bit of a birthday feel. So I give thanks for no non essential household chores, no decorating or home improvement work, no cooking, cleaning, tidying up or life admin on phone or laptop

I give thanks for a pretty bus ride and quick mooch around some shops including our local Co op where I got ready made but rather tasty food to loll with when I got home. Very welcome and very necessary to be nice to myself this way now and then. I give thanks for a leisurely bath with a book next on the agenda...oh and for seeing a new book I want to spend my remaining Waterstones poetry prize voucher on. I have plenty of unread books I've bought, been gifted, lent or sent...but this is a new Jackson Brodie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics