Saturday 24 September 2011

Naked men

Only slept fitfully, nothing to do with naked men but with my various infirmities. Just before I woke up late morning though I was having a dream in which I was living back in Newtown, Powys and had just bought some boots from Pryce Jones which is a shop that closed down years ago. It must have been Adam's old photos that reminded me. I was in a kitchen with some people I knew in my dream but not when I woke up if you know what I mean. There was a woman doing something at a worktop and a younger man sitting down and I was younger but still ill and struggling to get these quite smart boots on and get ready to go for some sort of interview. I was halfway up the stairs out of the room when I remembered I'd left my bag in the corner where I'd been sitting and I called Fraser to go and fetch it for me.

Fraser was a beloved blue roan and tan cocker spaniel from another era entirely who I probably could have trained to bring my bag to order. When I came home from a long day in the market he'd tenderly remove my scrunchie from my hair and he liked to put his canine 'arm' on you when napping by your side. Fraser ended up living with an ex boyfriend's mum when I moved down here. I thought I could come back for him, or see him when I visited but that's when the boyfriend became an ex and it wasn't to be. I still cry when I remember him (the dog, ha ha!)...the Fraser days were some of the happiest of my life and I give thanks that I had that happiness.


When I think about dying I think of Fraser waiting for me. My dad who loved to walk our childhood dogs is holding his lead and he's pulling and doing a sort of doggy paddle on the ground trying to get to me. They never met, my father died when I was fourteen of multiple diagnosed too late cancers and Fraser (who wasn't part of my life til Bob was sixteen) was put out of his own discomfort from a tumour a couple of years back. He spent the end of his days gazing out of the window at the river apparently. Now who does that remind you of eh?

As you can see, right from an early age he always took a keen interest in looking at things!

So what's all this got to do with naked men? Oh you know, just trying to get your attention! Well actually, when I couldn't sleep in the night I was looking at some emails Lynn had sent me. You know, the kind that go round mailing lists with interesting pictures of one sort or other...cute animals, or unusual tattoos or funny signs or whatever. And she'd sent me one of an animated clock made of unclothed male figures which I don't think would offend anyone so I've included a link to it here http://bit.ly/eeCGUW The dial face one is good but if you click on it you get a digital version that I actually like even more and the thing is they are actually telling the time! It took me a while to realise this, ha ha! Gratitude to Lynn for thinking I'd like this amusement...I did! It also brought to mind an email that went around the place I used to work a few years back that definitely would offend some people so I shall merely describe by saying it was entitled 'who wants to come to my sleepover?' and was composed of several several healthy looking 'real' men who appeared to have forgotten their pajamas but seemed not to be cold or embarrassed about it! Yes, gratitude for that memory too!

It's taken me hours to write this...apologies to new followers I have not welcomed personally yet, typing and swyping I find increasingly difficult to do especially if I want to create the real words I really mean first time... Last thanks for now is that the Singapore F1 qualifying is on late as it's a night race so I've managed to get in front of the TV in time to watch it! Now I'd better actually unhit the pause button to do so...

4 comments:

  1. Hello again Angel
    So glad you sound a bit more upbeat to-day.
    Enjoyed reading about your dream!
    You write really well.
    Thank God for the Telly eh?
    Warmest regards
    Mimi
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frasers lovely, but aren't animals nosey? I'm sure I must of been a dog or cat in a previous life because of my noseiness in this one, I'm sure your link on Facebook today will get people looking at your blog Angel, I must admit I was curious myself when I first saw it:)), hope your feeling better today
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again Angel,
    Love the nude man clock, especially when you click on it and it goes digital...love the men tapping their feet impatiently waiting for their turn!! lol
    I'm a big fan of come dine with me as well, record it most weekends and then have loads to watch when I feel like having a bit of a laugh!! Take care and have a good Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh forgot to say I love animals one and all but especially dogs! I currently have 3. Two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and an American Bulldog! Anyone who has given their heart to a dog is a pretty wonderful person in my book!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics