Sunday 11 September 2011

Distant drums

Phew! My all time favourite invention has got to be lying down. I discovered it so late in life as well...I must do loads of catching up immediately!

Thirdly today I give thanks for feeling too weak and feeble to go out, or get far with anything at home. My immune system's been struggling to deal with conveyer belt of infections it's used to so with a new one on the go it is beginning to insist on some help in the form of shutting down unnecessary systems like standing up, moving around, sitting upright, staying awake etc! Never mind...I didn't have anything pressing to do except the ironing, ha ha! And as long as I don't change my clothes or bedclothes I don't need anything ironed, and both those activities seem far too energetic just now to worry about so no worries...

As I need to keep what's left of my kidney function functioning I do get some variety from watching the inside of my eyelids by making trips to the kitchen and bathroom so no risk of bed sores yet. I shall just carry on chilling a while...I'm grateful fourthly that all the occupants of all the flats in the terrace seem to have had the same idea so far today - even the young drummer across the road has only just picked up his rhythm sticks.

Lastly I give thanks for a fridge full of lovely fresh things to eat as this morning I went really mad and got up and let the Tesco man in!

1 comment:

Web Statistics