Saturday 17 September 2011

Threads

Heavens, I am tired and achey this morning! I give thanks for tea and oatcakes and paracetamol and a long lie in back in bed!

I have enough bits to make a start on the curtains if I can summon up the energy and inclination and in the meantime I've been looking on line for the ribbon I haven't found yet and for other sewing stuff. And in the course of my internet travels I came across the site of Phil and Anne Wheeler from whom I used to buy all manner of fabrics from their market stalls years ago in Wales. I had no idea they were still in business or had a mail order business now. They were such lovely people, it's a joy to remember them. Second gratitude for that...

And also for remembering all those years ago how I used to buy many fabrics mail order for my own business and asking someone to post a letter for me with an order in it on his way to the shop. He looked at the envelope and said it wasn't a proper address and I couldn't send it like that. The company's name was By the Yard...get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics