Thursday 22 September 2011

Daily grind

I'm going to have try to go out again soon aren't I...this is becoming very much got up, ate something, watched something, read something, went back to bed. I mean my life is fast becoming just that but it it's even less interesting to read about than to be (marginally) experiencing!

The drummer boy across the road is home from school and clattering away and a female neighbour from along the terrace has clearly got over the headache I think she must have had for the last few weeks and is treating us to a selection of high pitched squeals and screeches. If they could match rhythms I'd be tempted to stick a microphone out of the window and release it as retro punk classic... I'm grateful it's warm enough to have the windows open anyway.

I'm grateful that my Tesco delivery has come and I have more things to eat if I can work up the inclination. They do a delicious in store bakery rye mix bread which will probably get the taste buds going...and I'm very thankful they had that in stock today!

I give thanks I've managed to peel back a corner of carpet without serious injury (there's those inherently evil spiked carpet grip strips underneath) and later, maybe, I'll manage to get the area of skirting and door frame exposed coated in primer so the filler needed to reconnect the two will adhere. I can still do things in short shifts...twenty mins maximum ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angel,
    Whenever you talk about your neighbours, images from the film 'Rear Window' come to mind, i'm not sure how much you can actualy see from your flat but it sounds quite entertaining. Are you on first name terms with your Tesco delivery man, or is it a different one each time, it's just it reminds me of my mams pharmacy delivery man, we got to know him quite well he was there that much, and I sort of miss him in a way, strange how you can miss someone you don't really know? well I hope the weather stays fine enough for you to get out even if it's just for a short while, the fresh air might be a nice change for you, bloody ell, i've waffled on today haven't I ? take care for now,
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics