Wednesday 14 September 2011

Down but not out

Woohoo! The Jobcentre have said that Atos have said that I don't need to do a reassessment. I'm not entirely convinced this is the end of the matter and don't want any repercussions for not filling in the questionnaire they sent me, so have asked for the decision in writing. I'm grateful that the matter seems to be resolved though still a little wary.

I give thanks that by early afternoon I felt able to get out of bed (the sun hits the pillow by then and can dazzle you if you're awake and wake you up if not!) And that I was capable of a few essential chores. I'm always mystified how someone who lives alone, doesn't cook much and never gets the chance to entertain can create so much washing up!

The trick for the rest of the evening is definitely going to be relaxing but staying conscious til bedtime. If I get comfortable any time after around five pm I'm in danger of dozing off and I must try to sleep a normal nighttime shift in order to get up in time to meet Heidi and Ivor tomorrow. Fingers crossed QI will keep me upright...still not watched the first episode of the new series...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angel glad your problem has been resolved, but do not blame you for wanting the decision in writing. Sky played me up in 2009, dragged me kicking and screaming into 2010; insisted I still owed them money, they involved a debt collection agency, who when I sent them the evidence wrote off the debt and threw it back to sky. Today in the post almost a yr later, another debt collection agency. They will get the same evidence plus copy of previous write off letter, grrr! So bloody mad I painted a complete ouside wall in double quick time. Hope Stephen Fry kept you amused and awake until the proper 'lights out' time arrived, and you get to enjoy Thursday with some renewed energy and spirit. Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics