Wednesday 10 December 2014

Flash in the pan

Today I've been very grateful to be free of schedules, timetables and appointments. I could probably have watched the clock a bit more than I did to be more connected to the prevailing course of the day, but I do appreciate not doing so... I'm grateful I'm hard pressed to think of much that I've done - that's always a good sign of a relaxing time, I think!

I'm grateful I've so nearly finished a letter to Kostas it might actually get printed and sent tomorrow.

I'm grateful for finding lots of nice things to eat with little prep or cooking required, including some homemade garlic bread in the oven (cosies up the kitchen on a chilly day) and an omelette in the wondrous ceramic non stick pan I bought in the kitchen shop here a couple of weeks back after much umming and aahing.

I'm grateful I've done some staring out of the window... including at the growing number of Christmas lights displays flashing at me from the windows and rooves of neighbouring houses. I'm grateful cash is a little tight just now which helped me resist a (far more tasteful, obviously) twinkly snow flaky thing that caught my eye the other day. I figured I wouldn't see it as I draw the blinds and curtains when it gets dark to conserve warmth, and the folk in the houses below wouldn't as they'd be dazzled by their own, which only leaves the gulls and the odd passer by looking up (right up, so as to get a cricked neck if they're not careful!)...so that was money well not spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics