Monday 15 December 2014

Dusk to dawn

I give thanks for the sea and sky at twilight...a very soothing beachscape to escape from the sometimes frazzling nature of life. I give thanks for remembering to give cards and gifts and goodwill where I can, and that silent metta is better than speaking my mind when my heart's not as generous as might be.


I give thanks for home alone with hot buttered crumpets and my twinkling Christmas tree...and just as I wrote that Rachel came to make me scrambled eggs and to feel better with acupuncture for which I was also very grateful...We were just hurrying to get ready for choir, hurrying to finish the conversation we were having about doing more of what you want and less of what you feel you should, when it dawned on us we could finish the conversation instead of going to choir...so we did and, much as we love singing, we both gave thanks for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics