Wednesday 31 December 2014

Coasting

I'm grateful I stuck to plan A today, and got myself some sedentary kicks on chocolate box route 886. Sometimes when I'm stiff and sore a bit of moving around limbers me up...it didn't work today but the scenery is still good for the soul, and I'm grateful I managed not to fall asleep on the way home.

I'm grateful I picked some bits of grocery shopping to keep me going over the next few days, and a new year's calendar...with pictures of local coastal scenery of course! I'm grateful for the choppy grey of the sea and shafts of sunlight through invisible gaps in the cloud making patches of gold on the water.

I'm grateful I have no one to make me a reviving cuppa when I get in...because they might not and then I'd be demoralised as well as dehydrated! And I'm grateful there's no one to mind if I just make straight for the sofa and collapse with my coat and boots still on and resurface in very gradual stages. I'm grateful no festivities will be marred by my absence tonight.

2 comments:

Web Statistics