Saturday 20 December 2014

Just chilling...

I'm grateful to Christine for thinking to send me a text offering a chair for a choir performance this morning but, as suspected, most of my morning was spent asleep after yesterday's exertion so I'm grateful no one was relying on me to be there. They've had a busy schedule this month and I'm grateful they tolerate lightweights like me who can't join in with the business end of the process.


I'm grateful for a fairly active and well feeling couple of hours this afternoon including putting chilled stuff from a Tesco order in the fridge before keeling over again. I'm grateful the seasonal edition of the Big Issue is a good read, blissfully unsullied by absurd first world glossiness, and that it tipped me off about a film on over Christmas that I actually would like to see. Astonished and grateful for that one plus whilst tracking it down to set to record I found a Wallander was on as well, so doubly so! There were a couple of reviews of books that took my fancy too...I'm grateful Heidi and Ivor sent me an Amazon gift card!



I'm grateful that in the pages of tricksy don'ts in the renal dietary guide for the 'festive' season they include the message that 'a small cream liqueur such as Bailey's can be a welcome change' - though they don't say from what! I'm grateful I've a bottle unopened from last year so clearly my levels of abstemiousness are spot on!

PS. And I'm grateful that though Blogger twice ate my post after 'publication' it didn't eat the preview so I was able to write it all again...and again. Definitely time for chilling now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics