Saturday 6 December 2014

Arts of crafts

Wow, what a gorgeous morning here! I give thanks that I had to go out, wearing that special beatified and slightly smug smile of a local in a stunning spot in the sunshine...It was really warm on the seafront too and I give particular thanks for the little splashes a cormorant taking off from the water makes - like cartoon puffs of smoke behind an ancient car!

I'm grateful the sun followed me in in the afternoon because even though I did nothing yesterday evening and then had another very long sleep, I was ready for a big rest when I got home. I'm grateful I had no intention of putting my new tree lights on my tree as it took me an hour to get them out of the box, the battery holder open and the batteries in! They are very pretty lights but setting them up is clearly not a task for the manually challenged... I'm grateful Rachel is coming on Monday and might be persuaded to hold the TV while I get the deckies out from under it, because having seen how the lights might look in situ I'm getting keener to do that bit...

I'm grateful I'm good at working out what fabrics and yarns might be really like from inadequate descriptions and unappealing pics. Thus I have managed to purchase some remarkably good substitute yarn to make a replacement for a much loved (and already second hand) sweater of Bob's that someone else took a fancy to and took, plus win some gorgeous fabrics on ebay that other people didn't fight me for because they were so unphotogenic...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics