Friday 19 December 2014

It's what's inside that counts

I give thanks for all the money the NHS has spent on various scans and tests for me over the last few years, and I'm grateful today's scan is just too late in the year to have a follow up appointment until the next one starts, as travelling to the city is a bit unravelling at the best of times let alone at this time! I'm grateful I had no shopping to do, and no money to do it so that I wasn't tempted to try anyway as it looked a miserable pastime from the faces of folk I saw.

 I'm grateful for the hospital corridor galleries and the wonderful images they have on display...like x ray decks for instance!


I give thanks for getting up early enough to get some filling breakfast to see me through the non eating hours and for arranging to meet a friend afterwards to break my fast a tad festively again this afternoon. I'm grateful I only waited half an hour for him to turn up before I gave up so that, despite the slowest traffic, the sky and sea were not completely drained of colour before I got home, but with hints still of that very special translucent blue. 

I give thanks for fine tunes in my ears and fine sights to see along the way and for knowing how blessed I am to know how to chuckle with joy at what others might miss or dismiss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics