Tuesday 30 December 2014

Trifling things

I give thanks for pleasurably walking further yesterday than I mostly do these days, and for my knees waking me up early with deferred pain to remind me about it, as this meant I got to watch the rising sun bleach the colours from puffs of cloud. And after a busy few hours with domestic chores I gave thanks for waking from an afternoon nap in time to see the sunset tinting a fresh set too... for every time I groan at some aspect of living here there are half a dozen more when I grin with delight at the aspects themselves!

I give thanks for the valiant dustmen emptying the frost covered bins, and for a public spirited neighbour turning ours round and straightening them up afterwards so we can fill them up again and use the car parking spaces as well.

I give thanks for this round up of archaeological highlights from the last twelve months http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-30520025 
I love that there are people who think it's important to find out about people in the past...and what was important to them...

I give thanks for a new person finding my blog and finding something of value within.

I give thanks that I was so tardy in making the trifle that the cream had gone off and couldn't be used though the rest of it, including some experimental ingredients, came together well. I also give thanks that this means I definitely have to eat it all myself... I mean it's neither the time of year nor the stage in life to be serving trifle topless, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics