Friday 12 December 2014

Diolch yn fawr

Yesterday I thought it would be good to talk to someone about how I felt about going to a family funeral today... But today, I'm grateful to say it's just been good just to talk to the family! I give thanks for seeing for a splendid variety of delightful cousins. ..in particular Simon, Sally and Adam of course, but others too, some maybe only met once at most before but lovely to get to know a little more... some half, some second, some not really related at all but connected by marriage, once marriage or long affiliation like Tashi and Maggie. I give thanks that despite thirty years or more apart everybody seems to seem pretty much exactly the same...and that everyone insists I look it!

I'm grateful that despite close calls with connections, hat loss, seat theft and a cab driver who drove me so nuts I walked the last bit instead I made it to the service. I give thanks for the kind weather and the well chosen words... some by Marie herself in preparation. I give thanks for sharing tears and hugs and laughter. I give thanks for seeing the beautiful Welsh countryside and mountains and remembering to say (and spell) diolch yn fawr!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics