Friday 5 December 2014

Green light

I'm grateful I had a hospital appointment today because it was such bright clear weather for a bus ride, the sun shining on the moor on the way there and the big full moon playing hide and seek behind bare trees on the the return. I'm grateful for Buddhist chants on my Walkman to remind me to feel loving kindness towards fellow travellers, and more raucous tunes to drown the sounds of them when it begins to run out!

I'm grateful I had to go to somewhere with bigger and more numerous shops than here so I could get the last bits of that kind of seasonal shopping, but that they're not much more so - as the smaller the area to be covered and the less the stuff to see the better for me! Though I love to give gifts, this time of year I'm grateful I don't actually have many folk to give them to, because the actual physical processes involved are so tiring.

Similarly sometimes I wish I had someone to come home to but tonight I was grateful to come home to no one needing anything and no neighbours within earshot for a while so I could move straight into uninterrupted sloth mode! I'm grateful I bought a slice of spinach pie back with me too. Spinach is to be "avoided" but I've got to have some greens or I'd die of something else I'm sure...

I'm grateful for top deck glimpses of other lives through lit uncurtained windows, for Christmas lights and the twinkle of ships in the bay, and the way the estuary was dark blue at dusk nearest the sea fading to lighter blue further inland. I'm grateful the orthoptist was pleased with my progress and I don't have to go back for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics